Designed for high reliability
The BWC Excel 10 is a modern 7 meter (23 ft) diameter, 10 kW wind turbine designed for high reliability, low maintenance, and automatic operation in adverse weather conditions.
View our SWCC report here
Large rural homes
Connected to the grid, the Excel 10 can provide most of the electricity for an average total electric home at moderate wind sites. The Powersync II inverter is the most advanced in the industry and it carries a full UL certification to the latest utility standards. Small wind systems qualify for a 30% Federal Tax Credit, making them an even more affordable investment.
The Excel 10 is widely used in farming operations in rural and urban settings. Grants are available for agricultural producers and rural small businesses through the USDA’s Rural Energy for America Program. For more information click here.
Small wind systems qualify for accelerated depreciation, making it more affordable than ever for businesses to offset their electricity costs.
Why buy a small wind system?
A Bergey wind turbine is a smart investment that will lower your monthly expenses, increase your net worth, and help support American manufacturing jobs. At the same time it will help clean the air, slow climate change, and move us towards energy independence.
You will also enjoy watching your utility meter turn backwards and the lively interaction between the wind and your Bergey turbine. Finally, it will totally change your view of wind – you will start appreciating windy days.
For those fortunate enough to have a windy site of at lease one acre, a Bergey wind system will be substantially less expensive than a comparable solar system, it will take up less space, and its performance won’t degrade over time.
- AWEA Rated Power: 8.9 kW at 11 m/s (24.6 mph)
- AWEA Rated Sound Level: 42.9 dB(A)
- AWEA Rated Annual Energy: 13,800 kWh at 5 m/s (11 mph)
- Start-up Wind Speed: 3.4 m/s (7.5 mph)
- Cut-in Wind Speed: 2.5 m/s (5 mph)
- Nominal Power: 10 kW @ 12 m/s (27 mph)
- Cut-Out Wind Speed: None
- Furling Wind Speed: 15.6 m/s (35 mph)
- Max. Design Wind Speed: 60 m/s (134 mph)
- Type: 3 Blade Upwind
- Rotor Diameter: 7 m (23 ft.)
- Blade Pitch Control: None, Fixed Pitch
- Overspeed Protection: AUTOFURL
- Gearbox: None, Direct Drive
- Temperature Range: -40 to +60 Deg. C (-40 to +140 Deg. F)
- Generator: Permanent Magnet Alternator
- Output Form: 3 Phase AC, Variable Frequency (240 VAC, 1Ø, 60 Hz or 220 VAC, 1Ø, 50 Hz with Powersnyc II inverter.)
Remote Monitoring via Internet & Smart Phones available through APRS World