An Exceptional Performer
The new Bergey Excel 5 is ideal for smaller and more efficient homes, farms, and small businesses. Its extra large rotor and ultra low cut-in wind speed give it exceptional performance, out producing all other turbines in its class. Download Excel 5 spec sheet.
Smaller, more efficient homes
Connected to the grid, the Bergey Excel 5 can provide most of the electricity for smaller, more efficient homes that use less electricity than the average-sized home. The 6 kW Powersync II inverter is the most advanced in the industry and it carries a full UL certification to the latest utility standards.
Small wind systems qualify for a 30% Federal Tax Credit, making them an even more affordable investment.
Smaller, more efficient farms and businesses
The Excel 5′s extra large rotor and ultra low cut-in wind speed make it an exceptional performer and a wise investment for smaller, more efficient farms and businesses. Grants are available for agricultural producers and rural small businesses through the USDA’s Rural Energy for America Program. For more information click here.
Small wind systems also qualify for accelerated depreciation, making it more affordable than ever for businesses to offset their electricity costs.
- AWEA Rated Power: 5.2 kW at 11 m/s (24.6 mph)
- AWEA Rated Annual Energy: 9,800 kWh at 5 m/s (11 mph)
- Peak Power: 6.2kW
- Start-up Wind Speed: 7.5 mph (3.4 m/s)
- Cut-in Wind Speed: 4.5 mph (2 m/s)
- Cut-Out Wind Speed: None
- Furling Wind Speed: 31-45 mph (14-20 m/s)
- Max. Design Wind Speed: 134 mph (60 m/s)
- Type: 3 Blade Upwind, Horizontal Axis
- Rotor Diameter: 20.2 ft. (6.2 m)
- Weight: 770 lb. (350 kg)
- Blade Pitch Control: None, Fixed Pitch
- Overspeed Protection: AUTOFURL
- Gearbox: None, Direct Drive
- Temperature Range: -40 to 140 F (-40 to 60 C)
- Alternator: 3Ø Neo Permanent Magnet
Remote Monitoring via Internet & Smart Phones available through APRS World