- A Primer on Small Wind Systems
- An Off-Grid Primer, by William Kemp
- California Consumer’s Guide to Buying a Small Wind System
- Wind-Electric Pumping Systems for Communities
- Illustrated History of Wind Power Development
90 Second Expert
- Overview of Wind Energy
- California Rebate Program
- Reducing Your Utility Bill
- Wind Power for the Home
- Protecting Your Home From Power Outages
- Home Wind Systems With Outage Protection
- Helping the Environment
- About Power Companies
- Wind Power For Remote Homes
- Wind Power For Villages
- Wind Power For Remote Telecom Sites
AEI Wind Course CD-Rom
This CD-ROM, “Wind Energy and Wind Turbines”, provides a tremendous amount of training material on all aspects of large and small wind power, wind characteristics, instrumentation, design of wind turbines, electrical aspects, system performance, and siting. And, it is a fantastic bargain at $25. Dr. Vaughn Nelson, Ken Starcher, and the AEI staff have been deeply involved with wind energy since the early 1970′s and they are very well respected by the industry.
Ordering Information: “Wind Energy and Wind Turbines” CD-ROM, $25 each, Alternative Energy Institute (AEI), West Texas A&M University, Box 60248, Canyon, TX 79016, Tel: 806-651-2295, Fax: 806-651-2733, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.windenergy.org.
Dealer Training Workshop
These 3-day workshops are held in Norman, Oklahoma. In addition to our dealers, we have also had customers, educators, and government officials attend these workshops. Our next dealer training workshop will be October 3-5, 2012. Please call (405) 364-4212 for further details.
In this section we have compiled wind maps from the U.S. Department of Energy (US-DOE) and other sources. We have also included some solar maps for people working with hybrid wind and solar systems. We expect to add more maps over time as we gain permission to post them. If you do not find the resource information you need here, we invite you to e-mail us with a request for assistance. Bergey Windpower has wind resource data that we have not yet posted